Sunday, May 18, 2008

One Thing

Gather my heart around you
Pick up the scattered pieces of me
Hustlin' like I don't have somebody to hold me
Strugglin' like I don't have somebody to save me
Cryin' like I don't have somebody to romance me

Like I don't have a chest where I can lay my head and rest

There's one thing I have and it found me
One thing I have
No more scrounging, worrying, tripping
Scavenging for scraps of life like a beggar
Grasping the love I have like an orphan
No for I've found my one thing

Gazing at the beauty
That conquered the beast in me
In life
Bearing the world's strife

One thing I ask that I may seek
One thing pervading everything
One thing I ask that I may seek
To sit at the feet of my loving king

1 comment:

liz song mandell said...

Hi Nyam,
Thanks for linking my blog to yours! I really appreciate it. :-)

Keep blogging!!!