Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mosaic Music Box

A few months ago my friend introduced me to Pandora. For those who aren't familiar with Pandora, it's basically an online radio where you can direct the music playing according to your tastes by creating radio stations based on artists or songs that you like.

While it can tend to get a bit repetitive, for the most part I thoroughly enjoy Pandora, and it's introduced me to the music of a number of artists that I never would have listened to otherwise. So just as Pandora has introduced me to great music, I'd like to introduce (or re-introduce, if you've already heard of a particular artist/song I feature) you to some of what I'm jamming to while at work:-).

I'll try to post a little something new every week. I do offer the disclaimer that I'm definitely not a seasoned music critic or anything; it's just music I happen to like:-).

This week's artist: Joss Stone


I love her voice, and her music's vibe that's influenced by the sounds of soul and R&B music from the '60s and '70s. I was shocked to find out that she's only around 20! Some of my favorite's from Ms. Stone so far:

"Under Pressure" (remake of a classic Queen song)
"Headturner"
"Security"

Check her out, and let me know what you think!

No comments: