Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mosaic Music Box-- Keri Noble

This week's artist: Keri Noble

I've been slacking on the once a week music features...Man this feels like being in school again with weekly assignments! Anyways...

It's rare that I instantly like a song when I first hear it. I have to let the lyrics and sound swirl through my head for a while before I officially declare that I like a song. Keri Noble's song "Ooh oh" is one of the exceptions. As soon as her song began playing on my Pandora I was captivated by the melody and mellow vibe of the song.

One of the habits I've gotten into since using Pandora is reading the biographies of new artists as they appear on one of my stations. I was interested to find out that Keri Noble is actually the daughter of a pastor, but from the biography it sounds like she wouldn't necessarily identify herself as a Christian.

Her song "Born Again" addresses her experiences with the church and what seems like a desire to distance herself from it. I appreciate her honesty in portraying her experiences with the church, and I'd be interest in learning more about her thoughts on the Christian church. Let me know what you think!

No comments: